General Terms and Rules for Use
1. Filing Electronically. Any business or organization ("business") conducting business activity within the states collected on SalesTaxOnline.com may elect to use Electronic Filing to electronically submit sales tax forms or occupational license applications and their corresponding payments to those municipalities.
2. Usernames. Businesses may set up an Electronic Filing account and create one Username ("user") on that account. All Usernames created by the business must be for business personnel or associates permitted and authorized by the business to submit transactions on behalf of the business. Use of Electronic Filing constitutes an agreement to abide by the rules, terms, and conditions of this site.
3. Transactions. The transactions available through Electronic Filing online forms and payment are provided in conjunction with participating municipalities. Users seeking to complete any transaction not available through Electronic Filing must contact the municipality for more information and instructions.
4. Information Provided On This Site.
o Information provided on administration and fee schedule rates reflected on SalesTaxOnline.com are updated once the updated information has been received, verified and validated by RAMware, L.L.C., therefore postings are made at such times as determined by RAMware, L.L.C. in its discretion. You should not assume that the information contained on this site has been updated or otherwise contains current information.
o Information provided on the site is intended to allow immediate access to the public. While all attempts are made to provide accurate, current and reliable information, there is the possibility of error. RAMware, L.L.C. and SalesTaxOnline.com expressly deny any warranty of the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of such information.
5. Duplicate Filings. If a transaction is submitted using Electronic Filing, the business should not file the equivalent paper version of the transaction.
6. Payment Scheduling. Scheduling provides the opportunity to specify a future transaction date for an ACH debit payment. If scheduling is available for a transaction, a future transaction date can be entered during the filing process. The future transaction date specified will be the day on which the ACH debit payment instruction will be prepared for bank processing. The data portion of the transaction will be delivered to the municipality on the selected file date for payment. If a future transaction date is scheduled, the file date must be prior to the delinquent date to avoid applicable penalties or interest. Any payments scheduled on or after the delinquent date will accrue all applicable penalties and interest. The default transaction date is the current date, and transactions that cannot be scheduled will not permit any changes to the transaction date for that transaction.
7. Overpayments and Transactional Site Errors. In the event that you submit multiple payment transactions in error, you should contact the municipality order to submit a written request for a refund of moneys paid. This system does not have the capability to identify overpayments made or to provide automatic refunds.
8. Amending a Transaction. For transactions that include payment of an amount due, payment instructions must be provided at the time the transaction is submitted for processing. Once a transaction’s status has been changed to, “Payment Received,” you may not be permitted to amend the transaction.
9. Additional Penalties. If payment instructions are not provided for the full amount due shown on the transaction, or if payment is rejected or returned by the bank specified by the user, additional penalties, interest and banking fees could apply. In addition, your business will be subject to each municipality’s rules regarding payment deadlines, interest, penalties, and fee charges. RAMware, L.L.C. does not determine the amount of tax, interest, court cost, or penalty owed the state, county, or municipal governing authority.
10. Additional Payments Made. If there is a subsequent payment of any unpaid balance by check, the check must display the municipality’s account number and the confirmation number from the Electronic Filing session.
11. Incomplete Filings. No transaction will be submitted until the user has completed the entire on-line transaction process and exited the system using the navigation prompts provided on-screen. The Electronic Filing session confirmation screen serves as verification of a completed transaction. The user should not log off or shut down the web browser until the user has completed all parts of the transaction (including entry of data and payment information as applicable) and received confirmation of submission of the transaction. The user must complete the entire transaction process before midnight in order to receive a confirmation time-stamped for that day.
12. DISCLAIMER. THE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU ACCEPT ALL RISK, INCLUDING ALL RISK WITH RESPECT TO SUITABILITY, USE AND PERFORMANCE. RAMware, L.L.C., SalesTaxOnline.com, AND/OR A PARTICIPATING MUNICIPALITY further do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. RAMware, L.L.C. may make changes to these materials at any time without notice.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL RAMware, L.L.C., SalesTaxOnline.com, AND/OR A PARTICIPATING MUNICIPALITY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE MATERIALS, EVEN IF SalesTaxOnline.com, AND/OR A PARTICIPATING MUNICIPALITY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
14. APPLICABLE LAW. Any claim relating to the materials shall be governed by the internal laws of the state it relates to.